Knoll Publishes United Nations Advanced Communication on Progress
The Communication on Progress provides an update on Knoll’s Sustainability Development Goals
June 1, 2021
Knoll Printing & Packaging, a leader in the deluxe packaging industry, has released its Communication on Progress report for the United Nations Global Compact. The UN Global Compact requires participating companies to produce an annual COP that details their work to embed the Ten Principles into their strategies and operations, as well as efforts to support societal priorities.
Click here to read Knoll's Communication on Progress.
In the third Advanced Communication on Progress, Knoll has committed their global resources to continue advancing the global goals within the area of impact. This includes:
- Promote a decent work environment at our facilities and throughout our supply chain
- Ensure non-discrimination, gender equality, and anti-corruption throughout the company and supply chain
- Source alternative materials and promote environmentally friendly practices through design innovation
- Continuously monitor our consumption and production to identify areas of improvement
- Foster sustainable use of forest-based material sourced from sustainably managed forests
- Establish an on-going dialogue with our stakeholders to obtain better understanding of our impacts
Jeremy Cohen, President & CEO said, “The entire world faced a global pandemic this last year, which proved to be one of the most challenging periods for Knoll. The 10 Principles of the United Nations Global Compact helped guide our company through this period and ensure we did what was possible within our means to protect our people and our planet. This last year also allowed our customers to implement positive changes into their packaging. We’ve seen a measurable increase in the use of recyclable materials and have been able to remove 1.75 tons of single use plastics. These changes over time will continue to have a tremendous impact on our planet.”
For two years, Knoll Packaging has also been named a United Nations Global Compact LEAD company for its ongoing commitment to sustainability.