Knoll Participates in the United Nations Global Compact Communication on Progress Early Adopter Program
The Communication on Progress provides an update on Knoll’s Sustainability Development Goals
October 10, 2022
Knoll Printing & Packaging, a leader in the deluxe packaging industry, has released its United Nations Global Compact Communication on Progress report with the new enhanced format through the Early Adopter Program. Knoll joined less than 10% of the UN Global Compact participants to pilot the new reporting systems this year.
Click Here to read Knoll's Communication on Progress.
The new Communication on Progress was designed to add value and streamline sustainability reporting for all participating companies of the UN Global Compact. Participating in the Early Adopter Program is part of Knoll’s commitment to transparently disclose our implementation of the Ten Principles and contribution to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Knoll has committed their global resources to continue advancing the global goals within the area of impact. This includes:
- Promote a decent work environment at our facilities and throughout our supply chain
- Ensure non-discrimination, gender equality, and anti-corruption throughout the company and supply chain
- Source alternative materials and promote environmentally friendly practices through design innovation
- Continuously monitor our consumption and production to identify areas of improvement
- Foster sustainable use of forest-based material sourced from sustainably managed forests
- Establish an on-going dialogue with our stakeholders to obtain better understanding of our impacts
Wincy Cheng, Global Director of Sustainability said, “The new Communication on Progress is a great advancement by the UN Global Compact. Not only does it help Knoll measure and demonstrate progress to its stakeholders, but it also allows us to identify areas of improvement and stay ahead of our sustainability commitments. We are proud to be able to test and provide feedback as a part of the early adopter program. We wish the new Communication on Progress a smooth implementation as it becomes a requirement for all UN Global Compact participants in 2023.”
For three years, Knoll Packaging has also been named a UN Global Compact LEAD company for its ongoing commitment to sustainability. Knoll has previously participated in action platforms such as Decent work in Global Supply Chain, Reporting on the SDGs and Sustainable Ocean Business. Knoll will continue to seek meaningful involvement with different programs and initiatives of the UN Global Compact.