Knoll Packaging Publishes 2022 Sustainability Report
The report highlights sustainable products, commitment to SBTi, responsible procurement and more
November 13, 2023
Knoll Packaging, the leader in sustainable luxury packaging, has published its 2022 sustainability report. It outlines the sustainability performance of Knoll Packaging in the year ending December 31, 2022. The report also highlights future sustainability plans of Knoll Packaging, including its targets, sustainable innovations and an overview of Knoll’s ongoing commitment to minimize its impact.
Since 2019, Knoll Packaging has been reporting our progress made in implementing the ten UN Global Compact principles and in supporting UN goals through partnership through the Communication on Progress (COP). The COP was submitted to the UN Global Compact platform annually. In 2022, the platform proposed an update to its reporting mode to a questionnaire in which we participated as one of the Early Adopters. After reviewing the new process, our sustainability team decided to publish a standalone sustainability report, where we can provide more details on our plan and action, in addition to the COP requirement.
Wincy Cheng, the Sustainability Director of Global Operations, said “This report is our first ever standalone sustainability report. It has been a great challenge, but we are satisfied with the progress we have made. The process was made relatively easy by reporting in accordance with the GRI standards where the standards made it clear what needs to be reported to keep our report clear and concise. Knoll Packaging will continue to report our sustainability achievements through our annual report. With the experience, we believe we will be able to issue to report earlier in the year.”
Key highlights of the year’s sustainability report include:
- Product and material showcase – including Knoll Ecoform and patented KnollLuxe Premium Board Platform.
- Knoll Packaging is committed to the Science-Based Target Initiative – Knoll commits to reduce absolute scope 1 and scope 2 GHG emissions 42% by 2030 from a 2020 base year and to reduce scope 3 emissions.
- Training and raising awareness on diversity, anti-corruption, sustainability and more.
- Women empowerment - 50% of executive and management personnel in Knoll are women.
- Supporting responsible forestry – 99.8% of forest-based material used to make Knoll products are FSC-certified
The 2022 Knoll Sustainability Report is available here.
Knoll Packaging recently won Best CSR Initiative at the UK Packaging Awards for its annual Knoll Gives Back Day, and Pentawards Gold for Sustainable Design for its Knoll Ecoform Molded Pulp Compacts. The global team is motivated to use design innovation and leadership in sustainability to create a positive future.